Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Coming Out

Coming out ain't easy. My husband has been so excited. I promised him that at week 13, we could tell people at work. He was bursting at the seams! Since we work in the same place (different departments), I slowly started telling people too. My department is large and pretty gossipy, so for every one person I tell, 5 will know in a day or two. And the more people that know, the more I want to crawl into a hole. It's not that I'm not thrilled about the baby, I'm terrified about all the what if's.

Everyone in both our departments know that we're married. I had a girl who works with him come up to my area just to give me a hug. Another girl I work with heard through the grapevine, and she came to give me a hug. It's sweet, but I also just want people to act normal. I don't know. It's just terrifying.

It's easier and easier to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, and that's reassuring. Being 13 weeks, 4 days is reassuring. The results of our NT Scan (1 in 6000 chance of Down's, and 1 in 86,000 for Trisomy 18), also reassuring. But there's that nagging little voice, almost a whisper that keeps saying, what if...

1 comment:

LuckyOnce said...

It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. I know what you mean. It almost feels like if you don't tell anyone, it will stop anything bad from happening. 13 weeks is an AWESOME number. Love that number. :) I'm so happy for you that you've made it to a place where announcements can be made and hugs can be given, and plans can be made. (hugs) Positive thinking!!